This week I’ve been honored with two awards: the Super-Sweet Award from Isabella Stines and the Liebster Award from Sara Letourneau. As most WP awards do, these both have rules, in part questions which I will answer below. I’m also obliged to nominate a number of other bloggers (13 and 11, respectively). I’m going to cheat a bit here and provide a list of bloggers that I think everyone should visit if you don’t already. And they in turn can jump over to my blog and pick one or both of these awards, and the cycle will continue 🙂
The Super_Sweet Questions!
Q: Cookies or Cake?
A: Cookie, preferably the maple-ginger that B&N offers during the winter holidays 😉
Q: Chocolate or Vanilla?
A: Actually vanilla, although I have a bite-size square of chocolate every night after dinner. It’s for medicinal purposes.
Q: Favorite sweet treat?
A: Ice cream. Years ago in San Francisco we had homemade vanilla ice cream with macadamia nuts and chocolate syrup … it was heaven!
Q: When do you crave sweets the most:
A: When I’m bored
Q: Sweet nickname?
A: Honey, sweetie, baby … whatever my husband is calling me at the moment 😉
The Liebster Questions (which Sara herself thought up)!
- What book are you currently reading? An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser. Somehow I managed to get through six years of college without ever reading it.
- Do you read any poetry – and if so, who are your favorite poets? I actually don’t read much poetry, but on occasion I have enjoyed Billy Collins and Robert Pinsky
- What is your favorite “escape”? (A vacation spot, a place to go and do your creative work, etc.) San Francisco, San Francisco, San Francisco
- What song (either instrumental or with vocals) left an intense emotional impact on you the first time you heard it? Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper
- Are you an early worm or a night owl? Night owl, but I fear I’m getting too old for that. I’ve never liked getting up early.
- If you could pick any meal for dinner tonight, what would it be? I already ate, and it was pizza and salad
- What is your favorite word at the moment? Sleep
- What is your favorite social media website? WordPress has it hands down
- Describe the room you’re sitting in right now. My bedroom, which has pale pink walls, one window, a single twin bed, and a lot of clutter (yarns, fabrics, books)
- If you had a newspaper in front of you, what section would you read first? The op-ed pages
- Name one thing you are grateful for, regardless of whether it’s tangible or intangible, great or small. I’m alive
Now, a list of bloggers that I nominate for all and future awards 😉
This list is by no means exhaustive. Check on the right side of my blog for more fascinating bloggers 🙂
Past my bedtime. ‘Night, y’all …
Marie A Bailey
Writer, blogger, knitter, cat lover, and introvert.