Hello, dear Reader, and Happy Monday (or whatever day upon which you are reading this). I thought it would be good to share a few things you should know about me. Now, if you’ve been following my blog for a long time, maybe these items won’t surprise you. If you’re new to my blog, these items might make or break whether you ever come back. Such is life. I do try.
What you should know:
- I’m in the process of knitting a baby set (sweater, hat, and blanket) for a dear friend’s daughter-in-law. The baby shower is in a couple of weeks. I started knitting today so my fingers need to fly on the needles, not the keyboard.
- As I’ve closed some social media accounts (Tumblr, LinkedIn, Instagram), my presence on others is rather spotty. You might say random. I don’t know when I’m going to show up on Facebook or Twitter or even WordPress. So if you see me and think to message me, don’t be surprised if your message seems to fall into a black hole. I’ll try to get back to you, but lately when I do jump off social media, I don’t return for many hours, sometimes even a whole day … or two.
- I’ve been reading more. I finally finished Kingsolver’s Lacuna and started reading Gulp by Mary Roach. I’ve been having some intestinal troubles lately and think her book might be as informative (or more) as a visit to my doctor. I’ve also been reading essays in Harper’s and Poets and Writers and Creative Nonfiction. When I’m reading this much, I’m writing very little. And yet I feel like I’m writing because these are essays that make me think about writing.
- I’m learning a new web-based reporting system at work which is interesting and actually stimulates my little gray cells enough that I sometimes forget about blogging, checking email and other things.
- I will be continuing this blog for the foreseeable future. I have plenty of posts in my head; it’s just finding the time to sit down and write them. For those who know me very well, I don’t like writing off the cuff, as I’m doing with this post. So Time is important. I try.
I just need to try a little bit harder.
Marie A Bailey
Writer, blogger, knitter, cat lover, and introvert.